Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Do you ever really stop worrying?

So I have had this ache in the bottom of my right rib cage off and on for several months. I had my oncologist check it out and she didn't think it was anything to be concerned about and we would check it for sure at my annual chest x-ray in May. So we chalked it up to bruising or pulling the cartilage while working out etc. It was doing much better while I was down and out from surgery which makes since if it is from working out.

Now it is starting to come back and it causes a sense of worry in the back of my mind. It is hard to always push away the thoughts that the cancer may have spread to my bones. (Although this is on the opposite side so it is quite a stretch.) Finally, while at work the other day I noticed something. While reaching across my desk with my right arm to use my 10 key I would lean forward causing my ID badge to rub against the bottom of my right rib case. OMG! This pain is due to my badge and reaching across my desk. DUH! It makes total sense now. Why did I have to talk myself out of it being cancer instead of the other way around. Hopefully this lesson will help me let go of thinking that lingering headaches or other pains are signs that the cancer has returned. Of course the chest x-ray in a few weeks will help drive home the point as well.

And for now I am wearing my badge on the other side. I might have to start wearing it on a lanyard!

1 comment:

Jill and Scott said...

I'm glad you learned a lesson here ya worry wart! Though, I do understand having that worry in the back of your mind! Stay positive!