Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Taking my lumps...and boot camp

I am sorry I haven't blogged much lately. Things have been busy - as usual.

A few weeks ago I had a scare. I found a lump about an inch or so from my original cancer site. I got into my doc within a few days. She wasn't too worried about it but wanted an ultrasound. It showed a small cluster of cysts. Which is a bit strange since I shouldn't have enough tissue left to really make any cysts. Anyway, again they aren't worried about it but want to keep an eye on it just to be safe. So I have another ultrasound mid-September. I am not going to worry unless the docs start to worry.

In June and July I attended a boot camp given by my trainer at Gold's. Dang it was intense. I was flipping tractor tires and trying to run in the 90 degree heat etc. I couldn't get my friends to join with me for two reasons - money and too intense. So I have decided to create my own beginner's boot camp on Saturday mornings for only $5 a session. The idea is to help people work up to the more intense levels of fitness needed for a regular boot camp. I am hoping to get people motivated and help them realize that they really can do it. My first camp is this Saturday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited!!! Kind of dreading the likelihood of being the slowest/fattiest/etc., but somebody has to be, right? ;) I could totally use some built-in accountability... :)