Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Monday, April 21, 2008

Up and down

I have had a crazy few weeks and I have been going nonstop. It is difficult to fit in workouts and eat right when I am teaching workshops all weekend and then going to BBQs and birthday parties in the evenings. But I am hanging on - barely. I am still struggling to run and I am not sure what I need to do to break through it.

On the survivor front, I had a chest x-ray almost two weeks ago and still haven't heard the results. So I am assuming there was nothing to worry about. Today I met with my plastic surgeon to start prepping for the next phase. Revisions and creating nipples with skin grafting and twist and stitch. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? I am looking forward to having it done though in hopes I will look more and more "normal" as we complete each step.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know how you keep up! :-) You are really amazing. Obviously, I've never been much of a fan of running, myself, LOL, although the idea sure is nice! ;-) Did you use(d? no idea what the word looks like in print...) to run a lot?

On the reconstruction side, it sure does sound "lovely..." *wincing* I'm sure they'll do a great job, though, and feeling like you look "normal" is really important - hope they don't make you wait too long for your procedure, and our fingers & prayers are crossed for you!!! :-)