Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mommy daughter moment -- 20 years too early

My daughter is going to be a flower girl in a wedding fashion show in a few weeks. So this afternoon we ran around town going to various bridal shops for fittings. She had a blast trying on several dresses and twirling around in front of all the mirrors. As I stood there watching her, I was overcome by the fact that I HAVE to be there to do this with her for real in 20 or so years when she finds her handsome prince. We had such a great time and we saw many brides to be with their mothers by their sides while trying on dresses. I refuse to let cancer take that future moment from me!!! But for now, I will certainly enjoy watching her twirl around in flower girl dresses. Prince Charming is going to have a long time to wait (and so is cancer)!!!

No comments: