Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Saturday, November 28, 2009

How many does it take?

Since the new guidelines were released I have met or at least heard of three women in their 30s and 40s who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Three women in basically a week's time.  That is already too many and I fear the numbers are only going to grow, including the morality rate since some of these women most likely would not have even gone in for a mammogram yet due to the new guidelines.  Please be aware of your body and your family history but also know that I had no symptoms to give me a warning and even with a family history I was still younger than the rest of family at the time of diagnosis and we do not carry the breast cancer gene.

We need better screening, more awareness and most importantly a cure!

No comments: