Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back from the photo shoot

LA was a fast and fun trip. I flew in on Monday and that evening I went to dinner with two survivors from the online group I post on. We had a great time and it was so wonderful to meet them and compare notes.

Early the next morning the PR firm picked up 4 of us for the shoot. We spent most of the day at a newer Gold's Gym working out and watching each other's photo shoots. One gentleman had his photos done on a weight machine, another man on an elliptical machine, a woman teaching her fitness class and me on a spin bike. The calendar should be out in November., but I don't know how much it costs yet. I can't wait to see it and read the stories of all the other participants. I did feel a bit out of place during the shoot because I wasn't in as good a shape as the others but I still had a great time and everyone made me very comfortable.

Megan from the Gold's Gym challenge was there the day before me having her pictures taken playing volleyball on the beach. It would have been nice to meet her after "competing" against her in the challenge.

That night I went to dinner with the woman from Atlanta who lost 180 pounds and is now an instructor and personal trainer. What a great story! You can read about her at www.fitbyjen.com

I took several pictures so I will have to try to post those later.

No comments: