Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Saturday, November 3, 2007

I am still here - just moving slow

Surgery went well but it was a more difficult (painful) recovery than all my other surgeries. Partially because it was both sides at the same time and because they placed expanders between my chest muscles and filled them with 300 ccs each. OUCH!!!! I had to sleep in a recliner for the first 10 days and I still end up in there some nights because I can't get comfortable in my own bed.

Next week I will start fills. For those who don't know what all that entails, the expanders have a port in them and the doc will shoot in more saline. They can do anywhere from 50-100+ ccs at a time depending on how much pain the stretching creates. I just keep telling myself that this will be worth it and all over in a few months!

As for working out - none, nada!!! Now that I am two weeks out from surgery I can slowly starting walking the treadmill and bike a stationary bike. I can't do much else because I lack the energy and the doc says not to lift more than a jug of milk (no more than 10 pounds). Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to do some basic weights even with the fills going on. Of course I won't be doing push-ups but I am not heartbroken over that!

No comments: