Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I don't know. Ask so and so...

So it has been two years since my baseline mammogram and a year since an MRI before removing my healthy side. Now no one seems to know for sure what I should be doing for an annual exam. They should still check my chest wall to make sure everything is still clean. I did have a chest x-ray in the spring that was clean. They have to come with something because a mammogram is useless for me now. I am going from doctor to doctor and they are all "thinking about it." You would think there would be a standard level of care for women who no longer have breasts.

2 comments:

Jill and Scott said...

How frustrating! Hope you figure it out soon. It's not like your the first women to ever go through this. What do the others do?

Unknown said...

Oh, no kidding!!! Ditto to Jill - it's not like you're the first woman to go through it! Hope *someone* figures it out soon...