Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks and Black Friday.


I am a bit late in my Thanksgiving post. The holiday was mellow for us. We went to my parents with my sister and her kids and my grandma. (My sister's husband is still in the border patrol academy and can't come home for the holidays.) After a great dinner that my mom, sister, my son and I all contributed to, we watched the little ones dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller and Billie Jean videos. Three year old Hawkins could give Michael a run for his money. He is quite the dancer! I might have been out there dancing with them and reliving my preteen obsession with Michael Jackson! Then we went to my in-laws for dessert and home to play Rockband as a family. It was a great day and I am so happy to be healthy to enjoy it. Two years ago, I was so sick from my first round of chemo that I could barely eat.
This morning my mom was sweet enough to go stay with my sister's four kids so that she and I could go hit the stores. We missed out on a few things but the deals that we really wanted we managed to get. We ran into several people we knew, which is always interesting at 5:00 in the morning and all of us in hats, glasses and sweats etc. I even debated not saying hi to an old high school friend because I looked like I had been out camping or something!!! LOL! But I am glad I did because he and his wife stood in line with me and my sister and we kept each other entertained. Seemed like we were in line for 20 minutes but we were laughing etc., which is saying a lot at 8:00 in the morning on Black Friday! Next year I won't have my "lil" sis here to go shopping with me and mom so I am glad we made our mark today!


I still have a few items to get but Christmas for the kids is just about done. Even got a new sweater for the dog that I gave him already.

No comments: