Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Here's to a great '08!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's! I am excited to see what this year will bring. Onward and upward.

Today I met with my oncologist and she signed off on being done with treatment and approved for me to have my port removed. Getting the port-a-cath out will be a quick and easy process but mean so much. I have no intentions of ever needing that darn thing again!

She said everything looks good. I cried when I left her office - out of relief, out of fear for the future, and out of exhaustion. You know the let down you get after the holidays (or finals week or some other major event)? You get so tired and might even get sick and just need to recharge and refocus. That is me right now. I am so tired from all the birthdays and Christmas events throughout December, work, family, working out, finishing up over a year of treatment and not sleeping well with the expanders. (I can't sleep on my side or on my stomach and I wake up with tight chest muscles every morning.) I look forward to a few days off while recovering from the port removal.

Even with the exhaustion, 2008 is starting off great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so good to hear that things are still looking great! Hope you've had a few days to recover from the Holiday Hullabaloo - rest up and take especially good care of yourself...

Also, it (finally) occurred to me that my personal (non-political) blog isn't listed on my profile, so you probably haven't seen it; but if you'd like to check it out, it's here...if you email me at [krista.norton at gmail dot com], I can add you as a reader :-).

Hope you're doing well these past few days! Happy, Happy New Year, and Happy Removal & Rejuvenation :-).