Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Friday, July 18, 2008

Down time???

I head out to Washington DC on Sunday to participate in peer review of breast cancer grant proposals. I am nervous and excited to be part of this process. I hear it is very mentally draining and very rewarding.

I am already pretty wiped out from the last few weeks at work and home but I am really looking forward to the down time too. I don't mind that I have a layover in Denver or that I will be on a plane for hours. I do have to study my critiques since it has been a few weeks since I wrote some of them but that won't take too long. I am hoping to get caught up on some sleep and some reading. I am months behind on magazines and I have been trying to read Obama's book since Christmas time! I also need to write up my story to be in a book about attitude. I have been promising the author for months that I would get to it when things slowed down. If I truly wait until things slow down then she will never get it.

No comments: