Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rough week

I am glad tomorrow is a holiday - except that we are running around getting ready to go camp with friends. They are already up in the mountains and we are going up to join them for just a night. We have too much yard work etc to do around here to be gone for 3 days. Not to mention the dog sitting issue. I don't want to leave my friend with a wild dog for too long and I don't know how he will react to being with them. We haven't been camping in years, only day trips. Being the anal person that I am, I am freaking out about what we might forget. We are going with 3 other couples, one in a trailer and one in a motor home so I am sure they could cover anything I forget but I still want to remember EVERYTHING!

This week we settled into the new office. There are still many things to find homes for and new routines to adjust to. It has certainly caused some stress but over all it went better than we had expected.

BSU football player Ian Johnson works for the contractor who remodeled the building. He was in the other day and I got a few autographs for me and the hubby. We had a nice chat about football and married life and his busy schedule. He is a very nice young man!

This week also brought my once every three month blood work. Everything looks great! So I don't have to see the oncologist again for 3 months as long as I am feeling "good".

In addition to the move I have been stressed with other things this week (thank goodness the blood work wasn't one of them). I am trying to get through these intense grants and get my write-ups done on time. Our daughter is in swimming lessons every night. So I am sitting out in the heat reading grants while she is swimming. I would rather be swimming laps but my problem graft isn't completely healed so the doc says no swimming yet.

There are some things at work causing stress besides the move. Of course there is always something stressful about work and dealing with people etc and this isn't the place to vent about since co-workers etc read the blog from time to time.

Our youngest son is on a trip with grandma which leaves us on dog duty in addition to doing his chores. (We forgot about feeding his turtle for a week but he is still alive and now eating pretty much nonstop since I remembered him last night.)

Well my break from cleaning and packing is done. I better get back to it or I will be up all night trying to organize cooking gear, food, clothes, fishing poles, etc.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!! Be thankful for what freedoms we have even though gas is costly etc.

4 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Hope camping was fun...sounds like you needed a stress reliever. I'm kinda with you on the camping issue though...sometimes I think it's more work than fun with all the prep. I guess the kids love it though.