Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Friday, August 17, 2007

Getting antsy already

I am starting to wean off the pain meds but I am still sore. I want off this couch but I am still tired. I can't drive anywhere yet so I am still just hanging out at home. I am trying to get caught up on movies and magazines while I am home but I will admit that I have been checking my work email several times a day as well. Two of the boys are home too and it doesn't take much for me to get annoyed with them.

More than anything I am starting to feel antsy about school starting in a week. We still have alot of things to get coordinated next week (kids doc appointsment, school supply shopping, meeting with he kindergarten teacher, starting soccer practices, etc) inbetween my post op appointment, my herceptin treatment and my appointment with the plastic surgeon. I just don't feel as organized or as in control when I am sitting at home on the couch instead of in front of my calendar etc. I know I will spend the weekend making To Do lists and meeting with the kids to make sure everyone is ready to go for school. At least it will help me feel productive.

I was going to go for a short walk today but my back was really hurting me. I will try to do something tonight but it might be tomorrow before I feel up to walking much. Getting out of the house will be nice too except it has been really hot here. Several friends came by to visit today and brought me a latte. It was great to be able to visit with them for awhile and get the scoop on what is going on in the outside world.

Well I promised my little girl that she could do my make-up so I better getting going and get "pampered".

No comments: