Pink Link

Online Breast Cancer Support

Monday, August 13, 2007

Surgery tomorrow

Early tomorrow I will be going in to have my other breast removed. I have had a few scares with it already and I don't want to do through this again if I can avoid it. It is just easier to have them both gone and get new ones. It will be a long drawn out process but it will be worth it. I have already talked with my trainer about what exercises/stretches I can do while at home on the couch for 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to walk in small amounts after just a few days. It will be awhile (at least 6 weeks) before I can really start lifting mroe than 10 pounds weights with my arms.

Did I mention that I was interviewed by another TV channel on Sunday. It was an ABC station doing to local tie in with the Good Morning America host who has breast cancer as well. They even talked about me being an inspiration for the Gold's Gym challenge. I am thrilled to inspire but I hope I can create awareness as well.

Better get some sleep. I have a long day tomorrow (of course I will be sleeping through most of it!)

1 comment:

megrisen said...

Good luck with your surgery today. Take care of yourself!